Neon cust svc question

To: "team.net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Neon cust svc question
From: Jeff Cashmore <cashmo@spec-rx7.org>
Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2000 23:36:02 -0600
Looking for advice on my wifes 1998 Dodge Neon R/T.  CEL = Check Engine
Light

10/01/98 - Purchased car, ran fine for the first year, changed oil every
3k.

11/08/99 - CEL but drives fine.  Dealer cleaned and decarbonized upper
engine and valve train, reprogram powertrain controller per factory
bulletin 18-47-98 for latest rev to software

12/10/99 - CEL and running rough, stalls. Dealer says vacuum amplifier
allowing vacuum to EGR. Tested and replaced EGR valve.

1/12/00 - CEL and has stalled twice.  Dealer says Evap purge solenoid
monitor failure, inop solenoid.  Replaced purge solenoid and reset PCM.

3/2/00 - CEL and runs rough.  Dealer says systems analysis indicates
misfire fault.  Leaking head gasket and carbon deposits on valve
springs.  Replaced valve springs and head gasket per TSB.

5/25/00 - CEL and runs rough, hesitates.  Dealer says #2 injector
connectors loose.  Replaced engine wiring harness.

8/25/00 - CEL and vehicle seems to be accelerating on its own.  Dealer
says high voltage from TPS.  Replace throttle position sensor.

11/30/00 - CEL but drives ok.  Dealer says loose terminals at purge duty
cycle connector.  DRB III tested, codes for multi cylinder misfire and
purge solenoid circui fault, repaired terminals at purge duty cycle
connector and retested, purge system OK.

As you can see it's been a busy year for us at the same dealership.
They've been nice and all but our 3/36k warranty is almost up.  The car
now has just over 35k miles on it and I'm wondering what will fail next.
Our choices seem to be

1) Drive it and keep our fingers crossed that nothing will happen.  Uh
huh.

2) Sell the car and hope we get $7k(?) for it.  Uh huh.

3) Buy an extended warranty from the dealership.  I haven't inquired as
to prices.

4) Try to get them to buy it back under the WI Lemon Law.  Not holding
my breath.

5) Enter the car in a demo derby.

Any other options or suggestions?

Thanks,