Re: Street Mod exclusions

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Street Mod exclusions
From: Smokerbros@aol.com
Date: Sat, 2 Dec 2000 12:43:50 EST
Karen writes:

> That's my husband's margin, not mine.  Most SM watchers
> expect the fully prepped SM RX3s, Civics, and M3s to
> have their way with the 3400 lb overdog Supra in the future.
> I don't think there were to many threats to the M3 in E/SP

Would anyone fear a Toyota Starlet, or VW Bug?  San Francisco Region's Open
Street Prepared has some very fast ones.  A 1500 lb Starlet with a 200 HP
motor, and built to SM rules (OSP is a little more liberal...) would be
closer to a D or E/M car in size and weight.  Ultimately, something like that
should win SM.

Next question is if someone kicks butt in a small light, RWD, sedan (Starlet,
Corolla, Colt, Datsun 510 or 1200, R100, RX2, RX3)  Do you blow those out of
the class?  And if so, where do you stop?

Charlie Davis