Kansas scenery (was: Runoffs change)

To: "Rick Brown" <free2000@quixnet.net>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Kansas scenery (was: Runoffs change)
From: "Rocky Entriken" <rocky@tri.net>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2000 13:48:59 -0500
Sure we do, Rick, but you come in from the west so you never see it!  :-)

First few years we had Nationals here in Salina, I was tickled by the
difference in reaction from East Coast and West Coast drivers....

West -- "Boy, Kansas is sure flat!"
East -- "I thought Kansas was supposed to be flat!"

Westerners were coming across the High Plains, Easterners were coming across
the Flint Hills. The transition is essentially the Smoky Valley -- where
Salina is.

--Rocky Entriken