Re: Move the Nationals - Facts

To: "Matt Murray" <mattm@optonline.net>, <rjohnson@friendlynet.com>,
Subject: Re: Move the Nationals - Facts
From: "Rocky Entriken" <rocky@tri.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 20:16:41 -0500
-----Original Message-----
From: Matt Murray <mattm@optonline.net>
To: rjohnson@friendlynet.com <rjohnson@friendlynet.com>;
autox@autox.team.net <autox@autox.team.net>
Date: Wednesday, October 18, 2000 7:56 PM

>Would we want to be afflicted with the rain that the Runoffs has had for
the
>past three (four?) years? Not likely.
>
>Matt Murray

On that note (I kept weather records for the Salina paper for many years)

In Kansas, Average monthly precipitation total for September is about 3.5
inches.
October is more like 2.5 inches.

   Can it be wet? Sure.
   Can it be cold? Of course.
   Can it be very nice? Oh, absolutely!
   Can it be really hot? Not likely
   Can it freeze? Early in the month, briefly overnight *maybe* but not
usually during the   day.
   Is it *likely* to freeze? Chances are, no. Just, never say never.
   Will first heat have cold pavement? Plan on it.
   Will third heat have warm pavement? Usually, yes, if the sun is out.

Biggest negative I can see, as Roger pointed out, you won't still be walking
course at 7:30 p.m. But of course, he gave you sundown time, which is not
the same thing as darkness. There's about a half-hour of dusk. You may not
want to compete in dusk, but you can coursewalk in it.