Why I run Mod

To: awhittle@fastrans.net, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Why I run Mod
From: Doug Miller <drmiller@intcc.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2000 11:29:01 -0600
Andy Whittle writes:

So I've working on a mod project all spring and summer, hoping to drive it
around the block next week.

>work.  Last but not least, if you loose You only yourself to blame.  Your
>were either out engineered, or out driven or both.  If you win all the

I like this part of it. I like also the actual building of a car. The
engineering, the tinkering, the fabrication, the THINKING. Driving is
fun also.
I took a year off and raced circle track where I got to work on a car lots.
Eventually figured out that I absolutely HATED fixing stuff that another
idiot broke by driving into me.

The car building experience has been lots of fun. It took longer then
I thought it would. So far it costs less then I thought. And I had a lot
more fun along the way then I thought I would.

>Competition comes up and Honestly, shake your hand with true congratulations
>and then prepare for next year. We are all in this for the love of the

Locally there are a bunch of mod car drivers with similar attitudes. That is
another reason why I'm building a mod car.

-Doug Miller
"Kudos are most effective in a public forum. Reprimands, or educations,
are most effective in a quiet place behind a closed door with just two
people. Usually you find behind that closed door that the person had no
idea that they were displaying inappropriate behaviour, and gladly
change once they are given specific suggestions to improve."