Re: degreasing wheels

To: <jac73@daimlerchrysler.com>, "autocross list" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: degreasing wheels
From: "Eric Linnhoff" <eric10mm@qni.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2000 23:04:56 -0500
Cool, thanks for the info.  I may just go that route.  I jsut wasn't sure
how powder coating would work with alloy wheels seeing as they need to be
electrically conductive in order to get the powder to stick to them prior to
baking.  And speaking of baking I also wonder if that would affect the
integrity of the aluminum wheels.  At what temperature do they normally
bake/cure powder coated items?

I also may see if my friend Mike has a bead blaster that I could utilize to
prep the surface once I degrease them.  I'll probably just use the local
power wash and lots of quarters to degrease them after I cut the junk tires
off of them.

Eh, they're car parts being washed in a car wash.  ;^)

Eric Linnhoff in KC
#69 STS    TLS #13
'98 Neon R/T
<eric10mm@qni.com>

"Fill what's empty, empty what's full,
and scratch where it itches."
The Duchess of Windsor when asked
what is the secret of a long and happy life