Re: Future Neon ACR ....

To: Lloyd.Wilson@Alcan.Com, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Future Neon ACR ....
From: Kenny Motonishi <kmotonishi@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2000 18:04:54 -0700 (PDT)

  i read that autoweek article too and it caught my
attention..i believe 185 lb-ft torque for a 2.0l is
certainly laudable; that is, if it is possible..i
think you may be looking at a typo..i don't know who
the editors of autoweek are, but they've written some
funny stuff up every now and then..i'm not a
mechanical engineer or anything but to get that much
torque from a normally aspirated 2.0l engine sounds
astonishing..160hp and 185 torque sounds like a
typical buick pushrod v-6..
  several months ago, they wrote a small article on
the vw golf gti vr-6..they said it weighed around 2550
lbs..uh, i don't think so..it's one thing to mis-state
the weight due to a simple typo, but then the article
went on to say how great the car is with a v-6 and
weight comparable to a type-r..i thought that was
pretty funny, but i'm sure there were some people who
actually believed it..
  i'm not convinced the new neon acr will be any
faster than its predecessor..though hp is up, so is
weight and size..

     ken

http://photos.yahoo.com/