Re: Some thoughts on Ladies Classes

To: "team.net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Some thoughts on Ladies Classes
From: Paul Foster <pfoster@gdi.net>
Date: Mon, 02 Oct 2000 10:30:44 -0400
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2000 21:08:48 -0700
From: "Ken Yeo" <kpcmptrs@jps.net>
Ken Yeo writes:

<<<Hell, we don't have to worry about losing female participation if the
ladies
classes are abolished. We have to worry about the men! I bet 50% of the
men
would quit if they thought they were going to get "beat by a girl"!  And
of
course in many classes, 50%, or better, would be "beat by a girl"!>>>

Hi Ken,

I still remember my first autocross. It was with the SFR at Foothills
College in '87 and you were probably there as you were at most SFR
autocrosses. That day I got beaten by everybody in my class and the
ladies class, including perhaps 4 women driving Honda Civic Si's. It was
a very humbling beginning. At least Stacy Lynde (now Reitmeier) was
running in CS!

But that was back when both the 944 and the Civic Si were in DS running
very competitively against each other. Now one is in CS and one is in
HS. Imagine that!

Paul Foster