Re: Trophies (was Ladies Classes)

To: Mark Sirota <msirota@isc.upenn.edu>
Subject: Re: Trophies (was Ladies Classes)
From: washburn <washburn@dwave.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2000 18:54:36 -0500
Mark Sirota wrote:

> washburn wrote:
> > Dare I suggest, in the spirit of the Olympic Games, three trophies????
> > Gold, Silver, and Bronze.  Why not...when I tell my friends I trophied
> > at Nationals, I get funny looks anyway when I mention that it was an
> > *8th place* trophy.  Makes sense to me.  What does everyone else
> > think????
>
> Even for a class with three competitors?  Do the people who didn't
> even finish in the top half get trophies?
>
> That's a big paradigm shift...
>
> Mark

Yup, even with three.  If only one shows up, guess who is the champion.
Your right, it is a big shift from *our* perspective.  I beleive that
from the perspective of an outsider, our current system is the odd duck.

Also, to clarify:  When I made this suggestion, I was thinking only of
Nationals.  Local regions  can do whatever they want at their local
events, just like now.

Pat