swing axles (was firestone news)

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: swing axles (was firestone news)
From: David K Yeung <dkyeung@juno.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2000 08:15:20 -0500
so is there or is there not any correlation to the inherhent handling
flaws of exploders due to the dbl I-beam? Like Ron said, the newer ones
don't have that prehistoric configuration but still seem to suffer
rolloever just the same.  I can see where that abortion of a front
suspension can act very much like a swing-axle and catapult a car when
sliding, but is that really a contributor? or is the exploder cg just too
high and too softly sprung?

Dave Yeung
Houston Region