Re: Things to Never Do

To: rjohnson@friendlynet.com, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Things to Never Do
From: Sam & Greg Scharnberg <samandgreg@uswest.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2000 19:52:47 -0500
At 08:12 PM 9/26/00 -0500, rjohnson@friendlynet.com wrote:

>  Now, I've certainly got an opinion on everything - but even
>my sub-202 IQ brain tells me to never offer one on Ladies Classes.

Good for you!

>  In all of my time on the 'net, every time this subject comes up, it is
>GUYS carrying on the debate.
>  Look:  These parallel classes were created by the women in the
>sport.

Wrong, these parallel ladies classes were adopted by the SEB long ago.  This
was based on member (all 3 sexes) input.

>  Every single female that runs an 'L' class knows the positive
>and negative benefits of the current structure.  Some think it is
>the way it should be.  Others have expressed guilt at running
>an 'L' class.  Others choose the Open class route.
>
>  Paula is right - this is an issue for the women in the club to
>decide.  Not us.  We have enough to do keeping our 'johnson'
>pointed in the right direction.  We have no business trying to
>impose on them our view of the structure that they created.

The ladies did not create the structure, but may have influenced the structure
as it is now.  I for one probably contributed!  Yes, I am a lady
(sometimes)!

>  Interesting that this comes up specifically when under-subscribed
>classes are under discussion.  A diversion?

Could be, I dunno.

Sam