Re: F1 at Indy .... Observation

To: <Lloyd.Wilson@Alcan.Com>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: F1 at Indy .... Observation
From: "Timothy Stevens" <tim@consoledomain.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2000 14:29:15 -0500
    Well, while I was unfortuantely unable to make it to the Race on Sunday,
I feel compelled to say that I'm very upset with Fox Sports at this point. I
had fully anticipated spending yesterday afternoon in front of the Tube with
friends to watch the pre-race and race. We ordered pizza and wings, and got
all settled in, ready to watch the pre-race, only to have a Mets show come
on. We remained optimistic, hoping that perhaps the listings on the Fox
Sports web page were actually in Central time, until at 1:30 a baseball game
started, and realized Fox Sports NY wasn't going to show the race... I went
so far as to call the cable company to see whether we could get Speedvision
installed within the 30 mins, but it wasn't to be...

    I'm very disappointed with Fox Sports NY for this. It turns out they did
re-broadcast the race later on that night, but I was sitting in a plane at
30,000 feet while the tape was running, and by that time I'd read the news
reports and knew the whole course of the race anyhow.

    Maybe next year...

    -tim

> I went to the F1 race at Indy yesterday.  This was my first time ever
seeing a
> F1 car in person and many other firsts.  First time in the grand stands on
the
> home stretch.  We had sit backs, way cool.  First time I had to wear
winter
> gear to stay warm at Indy.  First time I could not understand some of the
> fellow fans and not because I didn't understand their accent, some fans
were
> from Europe and Asia.  First time I worn ear plugs at an Indy race.  I
would be
> deaf for a week if I didn't where ear plugs.  Those cars are the best
sounding,
> loudest cars I ever heard.  First time I watched three races in one day at
Indy