Re: Ladies Classes

To: autox list <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Ladies Classes
From: "Mark J. Andy" <marka@telerama.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2000 11:42:03 -0400 (EDT)
Howdy,

On Sun, 24 Sep 2000, Loren Williams wrote:
> It does not address one of the major reasons that people claim the Ladies
> classes still exist:  to avoid competing directly against one's spouse.
> Your idea would allow the woman, if she was good enough, to trophy ahead of
> her significant other in the same class.
>
> Personally, I think this reason is bogus and that Ladies classes are a
> waste of time, at least at the Regional level.  We have several ladies who
> compete regularly in our region.  Only two of them are in the same class.
> (ESL)  The rest are single car classes.  Bah!

I think that's a valid reason to have the classes at a regional level.
Obviously I don't think all that horribly much of the guy that would get
all whiny if his wife beat him in any case, but if it eases entry into the
sport, what the heck.

At divisional & up events however, I submit that most folks there are
fully acquainted with getting their ass kicked and should be able to
handle getting beat by their spouse.  And if they can't, perhaps they
should grow up.

Mark