Re: Short overlaps...

To: "Kevin Stevens" <Kevin_Stevens@Bigfoot.com>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Short overlaps...
From: "Rocky Entriken" <rocky@tri.net>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2000 02:23:04 -0500
Yes it did. I noticed it too and asked Jonathan Goodale about that. The old
paranoia of "no car must move while karts are rolling" is gone. Also gone is
the paddock rule, but IMHO a kart paddock handy to the grid is still a good
idea for local events. For Nationals, it just worked out well having them in
the front row and there were enough that the kart grid's sheer size gave it
safety buffer (not that there were LOTs of them, but enough). Goodale says
that just out of self-preservation, when he is in line behind a car, he
gives it enough room to be able to zip out of the way should it decide to
back up.

They did, however, push or tow them from the paddock, I understand. From the
South course they also pushed to impound. From the north, they drove to
impound, with a designed buffer car at the rear of the group.

--Rocky