PC Topeka Thanks!

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: PC Topeka Thanks!
From: rjohnson@friendlynet.com
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2000 11:07:44 -0500
 I wanted to say thanks to an incredible group of folks
for their efforts in Topeka - the crew that volunteered
to be the subject of derision & abuse for months after
the event - the entrants who chose to put their expertise
and experience on the line:  the Protest Committee.

  The Tu/We crew was on duty all day, and left the site
last around 9pm, giving up their own course walks, preparation, etc.:
  Josh Sirota
  Alan Sheidler
  Gordon Kinney
  Mark Sipe
  Dick Rasmussen
  Doug Gill
  Mark Sirota*
  Byron Short

  The Th/Fr crew were the Maytag repairmen of the event - NO protests
those days!!  (Rocky thinks that this is a first, btw)
  Marcus Meredith
  Phil Osborne
  Bob Tunnell*
  Jim Susko
  Andy Bettencourt*
  Wally Strlzec

  Special thanks to the competitors involved in the few Protests we did
work.  99.9% of the time everyone involved conducted themselves in a
positive,
business-like manner, absent acrimony and emotional response to these
difficult situations.
  Many of the tasks at an event of this size are no-win jobs:  If all
goes well,
it is expected.  If there are problems, the blame & criticism are
inevitable.  These competitors, along with many others, willingly
volunteered for a work
assignment far more complex and subject to post-event abuse. (So please
forgive our apparent defensiveness & sensitivity.)

  If you significantly disagree with any decision(s) made, I am sure
there will
be room on next year's committee. . . . . . .  <g>

  Roger (Ohio) Johnson

 *These folks also worked other major jobs during the event - I am not
sure
how they found time to drive. . . . .