Re: AM "winged" rollover?

To: Brian Berryhill <brianberryhill@usa.net>
Subject: Re: AM "winged" rollover?
From: John Lieberman <johnlee@softdisk.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2000 17:29:37 -0500
I can only echo what Danielle and Gary have already said here.
However, it was obvious to me from the get-go Thursday morning that
the wind was going to cause some problems.  It was gusting out of the
north at 25-30 MPH!  The question was really, "Who and when?"
When Bob Barone's #64 CK-95 came around the turn and down the hill on
his first run, the wind got under that big wing and just tossed him
over on his top.

The wing looked like a crumpled piece of aluminum foil and the left
front suspension was knocked way out of whack.  Other than that, the
car and Bob were both fine.  After the course workers rolled the car
back over onto its wheels and helped push it off course, Bob removed
the damaged wing and made his remaining two Thursday runs in what was
left of the car.  On Friday, he switched over to Gerald Shields' TUI
and made his second-day runs in that car without incident.

John (Old Fartz & TLS #37) Lieberman