The Truth About Spam

To: "'autox@autox.team.net'" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: The Truth About Spam
From: "Kelly, Katie" <kkelly@spss.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2000 09:39:36 -0700
I feel bad for Chris Hammond. I'm going to come to his rescue.

I was found guilty of "spamming" team.net a couple of years ago. Only, I
just thought I was being funny. Somebody has to think I'm funny. I wanted to
see how bad my commercials could be.

It prompted a similar debate as this one. Well, actually, no, nothing seems
to be as bad as this one.

Anyway, even though I got all this hate mail, my mom kept calling me.
"Katie," she'd say. "Business is BOOMING! What's going on?!"

Yes, I probably developed many enemies, but you know, it was worth it,
dammit. The good news is, when these people introduce themselves in person,
you can't even place who they are, because taken out of the context of
team.net, we really don't know who anybody is. I think I met a few "enemies"
at Nationals last year, but I don't think any of us even remembered we were
enemies.

There are many worse things than people hating you in team.net, is my point.

There's just one last thing that I want to say.

Call 1-800-KT-KELLY today to find out how you, too, can subscribe and even
contribute to North American Pylon. We may not be good, but we sure have
fun.

Katie Kelly
Ace Reporter,
North American Pylon