RE: Rear Shock Access for SS & BSP Corvettes

To: <Smokerbros@aol.com>
Subject: RE: Rear Shock Access for SS & BSP Corvettes
From: "Bill Fuhrmann" <bfuhrman@isd.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2000 19:18:56 -0500
>  It's not the Chief of Impound's job to do anything about that.
>  It's the competitors' job to file a protest.  >>
>
> No, I don't know better than that!  It's Impound's job to look
> for "obvious
> illegalities" on Stock vehicles.  At least it was when I was Chief of
> Impound.  Impound inspectors have filed the protest with the PC
> on more than one occasion!

Can you quote a rule or official statement that supports that statement?

Just because they CAN doesn't mean that they MUST.

My own opinion is that they SHOULDN'T protest anything that they have not
been specifically told to inspect.  They are not chartered to inspect
everything and couldn't do it.

Any time that they protest any item and can be shown to have "missed" any
other item would give a person to claim that they were enforcing the rules
selectively.