Co-Drive Standing Offer ( was re: New Miata )

To: ax-digest@autox.team.net
Subject: Co-Drive Standing Offer ( was re: New Miata )
From: Dave Hillman <hillman@planet-torque.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2000 11:49:31 -0400 (EDT)
Paul Zahornasky wrote...
> I'm siding with Mark.  In the long run, a CM or FM ride is probably much
> less expensive to run.  You don't need to give up your fun street car
> either.  You don't even need to tow with it.  Just find someone that has
> a Mod car and offer to split expenses to co-drive.  Most CM and FM
> drivers would love to have co-drivers.  It means warm tires for them
> every single time.

   Okay, here goes.  If anyone is interested, I'll co-drive and split
expenses in Mod or elsewhere.  I'm near Chicago.

   I'm currently autocrossing a 2000 Subaru Legacy GT wagon.  I only
mention that because it's rated to tow 1 ton, and would make a fine
support vehicle.  If I can sell my current trailer, I could wedge an FM
car and small trailer in the garage too.  Other storage possibilities too.

   For that matter, last event I was gridded next to an FMod, and the
driver and I wondered if it would fit *in* the wagon.

   This year, next year, everything is negotiable.

--
 D a v i d  H i l l m a n
 hillman@planet-torque.com