RE: Firestone SUV Tires Major Failures, recall

To: Jodi Fordahl <soundtire@email.msn.com>, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Firestone SUV Tires Major Failures, recall
From: Bob Monday <boysrus_racing@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2000 13:41:43 -0700 (PDT)
I'm curious about how this adjustment will work. The last time I tried
to adjust a tire (due to a blowout on a 10-ply Goodyear), the price
that was being adjusted was a price that NOBODY IN THEIR RIGHT MIND
would pay for a tire! Sure, I got a 50% credit, but I'd have been
better off to go to Tire Rack and buy retail!

Let us know if they're seriously interested in recovering from this
media nightmare, or just putting out sound bytes that turn into
irritation at the tire store. I've also wondered how statistics were
accumulated on such failures.

Bob Monday
Boys-R-Us Racing

http://invites.yahoo.com/