RE: NEDiv's

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: NEDiv's
From: "Kearney, Thomas" <Thomas.Kearney@usa.xerox.com>
Date: Tue, 08 Aug 2000 10:39:04 -0400
I have to agree with what Mr. Pozner says about now knowing how much is
involved in putting on an event such as Divisionals.  Having only been to
two Tours and one Divisional (up until this past weekend) I was amazed at
the amount of preparation that was required as co-chairman.  Tina Reeves was
the main force behind the event and I can't possibly thank her enough.  I
did everything I could to ease the burden on her, but I know that it
probably didn't make much of a dent.  There are names that most on Team.Net
would not recognize (even after the event) but I feel I must give them the
credit they deserve....so:

Nate Lucier - Timing/scoring/course clean-up/"the guy who got the FLR
trailer on-site, then went home for his car"
Rob "I had an "incident"" White - Arranged R&R Concessions to be on-site so
we didn't have to go far for food
Julie & Paul Shaver -  Handled mail/registration with ease
Tim Moriarty, Bill Hicks, Steve Hayward, and Carl Blokker for running Tech
Glen Region for providing their nice timing van and scales (which were left
at the site by the way...but FLR got them home safe ;-)  )
Mari Clements and all the people I never actually got to meet, who worked
extra hard to help out timing/audits
Dave Ciufo for securing our title sponsor for the event, and also arranging
worker assignments
Alan Schoonmaker for keeping the Jr. Driver competitors safe and organized
(who'd'a'thunk 5 hp could be fun?!)
Dale Seeley - Right hand man to DG in terms of tootin' the SM horn, who did
not compete but let two people drive his car (one of which you may know ;-)
and also arranged trash removal and the favorable ratio of
porta-potties-to-competitors
"Hoosier" Tom for making a long trip to support us with tires, air, and
comic relief.  P.S. - also thanks for the hat Tom!!

There's probably at least 100 names I'm forgetting who helped make the event
a success, and those people are from regions all over the North East.  It
was nice to be involved (but I'm still glad it's over) in such a way that I
now appreciate what goes on even MORE than I ever did.  I will NEVER take
any big event for granted after this past weekend.  It was also nice to
finally start putting some faces with the names I've heard so much about on
Team.Net.

Anyway, my personal thanks to everyone who helped out, and all the
competitors who made the two days exciting.  I hope all involved in NEDiv's
had a good time.  I know I did!

T H A N K S,

Tom Kearney
FLR Solo2 Chair