Re: NEDivs

To: Mari L Clements <mrndr2@juno.com>
Subject: Re: NEDivs
From: Mark Sirota <msirota@isc.upenn.edu>
Date: Mon, 07 Aug 2000 10:59:32 -0400
Mari L Clements wrote:
> As always, from memory, likely to be weak on some classes/names/etc.,
> but as I recall the trophy positions...

> CM--Paul Zahorn??--sorry about my inferior spelling here--I've
> certainly seen that name enough to get it right ) :  I forget second,
> but I think Miller was third.  (Happily, there are enough CM guys on
> team.net to fix this omission, right?)

I think I heard my name. :-)

Paul Zahornasky won, followed by Bob Miller and Mark Sirota.  Bob was
ahead of me by 0.030, I think.  Paul had the fast run in the rain to
take it on Sunday, coming from fourth on Saturday.  It was a very close
battle on Saturday, with the top four being within about four tenths.

> Ssturday was nice all day.  Sunday, the sprinkles started in third
> heat.  Fourth heat got one dry run, and fifth heat was run under
> conditions that ranged from full wet to standing water.  Windshield
> wipers and lights.  Lots of mod cars in those later heats (CM and BM
> for sure), who sadly didn't have windshield wipers and lights.

Naw, but we have Rain-X for the face shields.  I found that the
"critical speed" for the Rain-X on the face shield in my car is about
55 mph, which was tough on that course since the first several
seconds were considerably slower than that.

Many of the BM guys, in the 4th heat, stayed on slicks.  Of course,
they have downforce.  By the time 5th heat started, rains were the
clear choice (though Paul Kryziak went out on slicks for his first
run, but he learned quickly. :-))

Mark