Re: Reclassification.......What will happen in STS?

To: ejbuckley@earthlink.net, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Reclassification.......What will happen in STS?
From: Ajstratton@aol.com
Date: Sun, 6 Aug 2000 00:28:01 EDT
Glad to see this got rehashed.  I lost my copy before getting a chance to put
in my 2 cents.  I wish the original stats were still attached as I did have
serious confusion about the results cited for '99.  Even the results are not
truly reflective of particular events last year.

 1)  '99 Meridian Tour-  Only 4 drivers got a dry Saturday run in GS. VERY
important in the overall results.  Joe Goeke won in  Daniel Ledford's Talon,
John Thomas was second in a Box Stock Mercury Cougar, and I was third,
largely in part to dry first runs., second runs 10 seconds slower!!  Based on
Sunday's performance it could have been quite different had the whole weekend
been dry.

2) Using Pro results last year to compare anything is a folly.  Pro was
divided between National Series GS, DS and Pro 2 and Pro 6.   The AWD DSM's
(GS'rs) were in P2 and none entered (in GS trim) all year.  GS was ALWAYS the
first heat, while P2 and P6 were afternoon.

3)  As best as I can recall, the results cited stated there were no GS
entries at several East coast events in '99.  The fact is there was a GS at
all events and
DSM's competed in and finished 1&3 at Ft Meyers, 1-4,6 &11 at Peru,1st at
Petersburg, 1-2 at Harrisburg, 1-3 at Topeka.

4) P6 and Daddio....  Maybe you should compare GS times to 2nd place! ;-)

5) The cars that have been dominating GS are not ST legal.  The DSM's are
turbos, and the Type-R has the disallowed type of limited slip.  And sooner
or later AWD will be disallowed in ST (IMHO).

Alan