Re: Smaller front bar for an SE-R?

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Smaller front bar for an SE-R?
From: "Pat Griffith" <slowse-r@gimail.af.mil>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 00:17:29 -0500
> Does anyone out there know of a SMALLER that stock
> front anti-sway bar for a 91 Sentra SE-R?

A bar from a 91-94 1.6L Sentra would work.  It actually has a larger diameter
than an SE-R sway bar, but it's hollow so it works like it's "smaller."  The
1.6L bar is noticeably lighter than an SE-R sway bar.  You can probably find
one at a junk yard (like I did :).

I tried one on my SE-R for a little while but didn't like it.  It seemed like
the front tires (Kumhos) rolled over on the sidewalls a bit too much.  But I
think it could work if you could get a lot of negative camber, like more than 2
degrees.  I could never get more than about 1.5.

Pat
'93 Sentra SE-R, DSP/STS/STR/Tracktoy