Georgia State Solo II Championship

To: solo2atlanta@topica.com, autox@autox.team.net, bspvette@topica.com
Subject: Georgia State Solo II Championship
From: Ben Thatcher <bthatch@juno.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 21:43:28 -0400
Atlanta Region SCCA and Middle Georgia Region SCCA will be hosting the
first annual Georgia State Championship event in conjunction with the
Georgia MotorFest held at the Georgia National Fairgrounds in Perry on
August 26-27, 2000.

This was the site for the final Southeast Divisional in 1999 with some
major differences. This year our competitors will pit and grid INSIDE the
fairgrounds and use all 5 lots outside the North gate for the courses.
The famous Rich Shafer (CP #34 Trans Am) will be the course designer so
be prepared for another fun, wide-open course.

The Georgia State Solo II Championship is open to any competitor (even
from out of state) who enters and runs both Saturday and Sunday. However,
drivers may enter either day, separately. Atlanta Region SCCA points
event #7 will be scored for the Sunday times, only. The entry fees for
the weekend are $45 and $25 for a single day entry.

Georgia State Class Champions will win prize money based on the number of
entries in their class. All SCCA classes plus OSP will be eligible.

Please pre-register by going to the Atlanta Region Website at:
<atl-scca.org> and go to the Solo II section and find the registration
page.

The Georgia MotorFest people haven't assigned us a SCCA motel, yet, but
we'll let everyone know the rates and contact information as soon as we
know.

Be ready to have a great time. Depending on the number of entries, we
could have more than the usual number of runs, especially on Saturday.
Since this event is in conjunction with a car show we want to go to some
measures to involve show entries and show goers in our event. Can you say
"fun runs?"

Ben Thatcher
Apex Benefit Services & Motorsports
Stockbridge, GA