Re: Appearances

To: "Paul Foster" <pfoster@gdi.net>, "Mark Sirota" <msirota@isc.upenn.edu>
Subject: Re: Appearances
From: "Scot Zediker" <roadsterboy@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 16:33:26 -0700
Near as I can tell, it hasn't created an overdog situation yet.  1.6L Miatas
are fairly close to 2nd-gen MR2's in Solo2, but a lot of this is
course-dependent.  MR2's work better on "point-and-squirt" courses than
Miatas, thanks to better torque.  Meanwhile, on a more flowing type of
course, a well-driven Miata has a better chance; it's around 400 lb lighter
than the '2 and very well balanced.

In ProSolo, the 1.6 Miata is at a serious disadvantage to the MR2, mainly
because it has much less torque and less weight at the rear.

But at least a Miata doesn't sound like a tractor ;)

Scot - still working on the launch...
'91 CS Miata