Re: Stock class rules was (Re: Sequential Stock Classes)

To: jcgz3@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: Stock class rules was (Re: Sequential Stock Classes)
From: Ghsharp@aol.com
Date: Fri, 7 Jul 2000 15:49:18 EDT
In a message dated 7/7/00 3:07:41 PM Eastern Daylight Time, jcgz3@hotmail.com
writes:

> While I suspect most classing doesn't take into consideration where a car
> can use them or not, I say forget weather or not crash bolts can be used,
> and issue a stock spec limit on camber.  That way all cars will have an
> equal playing field with camber.  The method would not be important, as long
> as other rules are not violated.  Easy to check and enforce.

Suspension adjustability (or lack thereof) IS taken into consideration when
classing a new car, because we understand how important it is in making
some cars handle on a Solo II course.

As to a camber spec and "equal playing field", you'd already have some
classing issues with current cars....I seriously doubt an M3 with 2 degrees
of negative camber up front would remain in AS.  It's competitive and still
a potential winner in AS now with much less than half that amount of camber
running against other AS cars with over 3 degrees negative camber.

As for being easy to check and enforce, who furnishes the equipment, who
calibrates it, and what's your measurement tolerance?  Anyone here recall
the thread on measuring the 1/2" track increase allowance??

GH