Re: Stock reclassification???? the answer

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Stock reclassification???? the answer
From: "Kent Rafferty" <gs96@sgi.net>
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2000 10:35:10 -0400
The S2000 *might* be outgunned in S2, but that car still needs
to be developed. I thought it was an AS+ (now S2) car from the
getgo and that's where it's being placed.

I think the Boxter S is definitely not on the low end of S2 - it might
even be the favorite in that class.  The AS Boxter is proving to be
very quick and the S *should* be quicker.  I'll bet the Z3 M
drivers are also looking forward to mixing it up with the Vettes.

Kent Rafferty

> Aye, I agree (and not just because I happen to drive one).  Our group has
4
> s2000s that run, and the one experienced driver that has race rubber (not
> yours truly) has been fairly competitive with the Audi TT and the S4 that
> runs in that class.  From looking at the proposed representative cars, I
> think the Boxter S should be the low end of that class, and move the BMW M
> roadster and coupe down to the next level along with the s2000.
> Realistically, the M coupe may be a bit out of place, but the platform is
> due for an update anyway, at which time they can be moved into the lower
SS
> class.  The s2000 isn't well known enough to be shuffling classes this
> quickly, in my opinion.  From personal experience, I still need to
> experiment with the setup to see how I can change it to suit my driving
> style (or complete lack thereof).  Ah well, if the change does happen,
I'll