Re: hassled by The Man (was Re: Maps and window decals)

To: AutoX List <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: hassled by The Man (was Re: Maps and window decals)
From: Jon Rush <jonathan.rush@sdrc.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2000 13:09:18 -0400
Sorry Mark, the way to fix it is to set all the speed limits at the 85th
percentile speed rounded up to the next 5 mph increment and ticket
anyone going 5 over that. That way the vast majority of drivers will be
utilizing a speed limit that is comfortable, and the serious speeders
will stand out like a sore thumb. There is no speed enforcement
technology that is accurate to .5 mph in the field. You gotta give a
wider margin.

Speed limits today are politically set for the most part and have no
relationship with science or safety. Follow the money.

Jon Rush