Re: Stupid cone tricks

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Stupid cone tricks
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb@cs.utah.edu>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 23:35:44 -0600 (MDT)
Well, no doubt many of you have heard this story before, but I couldn't
resist.  At the '97 Nationals, I was working the ESP heat, west side of the
north course.  Some mostly red Mustang comes roaring through the offsets,
gets way behind, and doesn't try too hard to save it, smacks a cone dead on.
The cone gets sucked under the car, scrapes along, hits the rear tire and is
flung skyward from under the back tire.  It flops around in the air, head over
heels, heads for the ground, hits the old concrete and bounces about.  Finally
comes to rest, on its base, *in the box*

Had I not been there to witness it with my own eyes, I wouldn't believe it
either.  I just couldn't call it in as a penalty.  I was probably laughing
too hard!

mjb.