Re: Mac vs PC BS

To: "Team.Net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Mac vs PC BS
From: Paul Cezanne <oblique@alum.mit.edu>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 13:48:29 -0400
>  > The Mac platform to my knowledge only runs one operating system -MacOS.
>>  (although I believe there may be a  Linux distribution for the Mac hardware
>  > platform).

I know this isn't autox related but I couldn't let this one go by...

The Apple Macintosh platform runs more than 1 OS.   I used to work as
a software contractor and back then I was considering buy a Macintosh
laptop because I could run unix, MacOS, Win95, Win98, and WinNT on
it.  One machine would solve all my needs.   And what was cooler, I
could run all of these simultaneously if I really wanted to.

My needs changed to be Mac only (I work for MacSpeech now) but my
wife's didn't.  She needs to have MacOS and Wintel available to her.
That is why she bought a Macintosh laptop.

Oh sure, it runs in emulation, BFD.  She isn't playing Doom on it,
just running Word or Frame or Notes or IE or whatever the client
wants.  The point is, she gets her job done with minimum fuss and
minimum hardware.  Besides, she really enjoys the looks on her
clients faces (like Compaq for example) when they see the bright
white Apple logo on her machine when she pulls it out!

--
pZ -- Paul Cezanne (formerly Czarnecki)

Please consider buying my wife's new book, The Illusionist,
(http://www.JeannetteAngell.com) and then help the UN feed the world
for free @ http://www.TheHungerSite.com