Re: ayer roll, hold the mayo

To: scott_phelps@gdt1.com
Subject: Re: ayer roll, hold the mayo
From: Stephen Bernard <solo-2@juno.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2000 20:05:08 -0400
> Aggressive was the word for it too, I had a crappy, cone filled
> first run, and was pushing it pretty hard on the next run. A little
> too hard, 20/20 hindsight would tell me.

I think we all pushed really hard on the A course.
You were flying too. :)
You did seem to push your car less even on the B course
the next day.
The Shifter Karts really did well on the A course tho.

> Me too, and I probably was, due to not wanting to wad up the
> car...... I had already heard about the roll earlier in the day, as
> I was in the third run group.  Don't think for a minute that
> scenario wasn't going through my head.

I can well imagine it was, at least you didn't let it shake you
up too much. The guy who rolled (Bob I think) looked like he
still wanted to run, just needed a car. :)

> That's because you probably don't have a 4.42 diff.    :^)  Even
> with 8,000+ available rpm, I needed 3rd extensively. These were the
> fastest courses I have run.

My Co-driver did use 3rd but then again he's an instructor
with McKamey. :) Give me a few years and I'll be hitting 3rd
out there too. :)

> I as well, would like to be faster at my next tour.  Look me up at
> the next NER event -

I sure hope I'll be faster next time.
I'll look you up at NHIS which is the next one right?
Are you taking the Novice school up there?
Mass Miata is having an event at Devens this Saturday.
I don't if they are filled up or not tho very technical courses
lots of fun and usually 6 runs.
Have a good one..

Steve Bernard
Red '99 Miata (B-Stock)