Re: First draft of my proposed C&C re-write

To: Mark Sirota <msirota@isc.upenn.edu>, Rick Brown <free2000@quixnet.net>
Subject: Re: First draft of my proposed C&C re-write
From: Mike Lamfalusi <lamfalus@excite.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2000 21:58:12 -0700 (PDT)
In the case of a rear view mirror in the way of vision, wouldn't it be
better for the safety of the driver and anyone else involved if the driver
had a clear field of view?  I almost see this as a safety issue.  Removing
such a mirror from such a car wouldn't be so much a performance advantage as
it would be removing a definate handicap and therefore leveling the playing
field, not upsetting it.  Sometimes I think that some people get so
concerned about simply keeping cars stock rather than trying within stock
classes to allow a level playing field WHILE keeping the cars as close to
stock as possible.  I know that its hard and it is always a slippery slope,
but it's just a thought.

Mike Lamfalusi
'97 VW "I have TONS of clear window visibility so why aren't I faster?"
Jetta :)
GS - Chicago Region

On Tue, 06 Jun 2000 23:06:56 -0400, Mark Sirota wrote:

>  Rick Brown wrote:
>  > I don't get this part, what's the point of having to leave the
>  > original mirror?
>
>  You've obviously never driven a BMW M Coupe.
>  Or you've never been a tall driver in a Miata.
>
>  The mirror definitely blocks a significant amount of the driver's
>  vision in some cars, for some drivers.  Removing it in those (frequent)
>  cases would be a clear performance advantage.
>
>  Mark

Mike Lamfalusi
'97 VW Jetta GLX
GS - Chicago Region