M3 & F-bodies in ESP

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: M3 & F-bodies in ESP
From: "Bob Ploof" <my96dcmimpalass@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 31 May 2000 16:32:02 PDT
Hey all,

Just to add to this discussion, the last auto-x I ran in this past Sunday
May 28th, there was an M3, a Trans-Am, a 1LE Camaro, a Mustang convertible,
an S-10 Xtreme, and 2 Impala SS' (one was mine).  I havent figured out why
the T/A was in ESP when all the driver would admit to having done to his car
was a bigger front sway bar.  Isn't that allowed in FS?  He claims
everyother aspect was stock, besides the Kumho V700s.  Hmmmmmm.

To be short and sweet, the Bimmer ran a 48.963, the Trans-Am ran a 48.4xx
but hit a cone so his clean run was a 50.xxx, the 1LE ran a 56.992, the
'Stang ran a 60.701, the Xtreme ran a 54.985, and my SS ran a 54.563.  Other
SS DNF'd across board.

Needless to say, that Trans-Am ran great, beating the M3 (sans cone)
essentially.  So infact an M3 isn't quite as invincible as it seems.  I
would have to agree w/ the person/persons who said the M3 isn't an overdog,
the rest of ESP is just under prepared, myself included (stock suspension on
a ~4400lb car on street BFG's).

Also, I must say I am very happy w/ my own performance.  Normally that
Xtreme beats me by 3 seconds.  Luck?  Probably, but I felt like I *drove*
the car harder than I usually do.

Of course, this is FWIW, and your milage may vary, do not operate heavy
machinery after reading this, take 2 and call me in the morning, yada yada
yada.

Bob P.
St. Louis, MO