Mark and Marcus of ESP fame

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Mark and Marcus of ESP fame
From: jac73@daimlerchrysler.com
Date: Tue, 30 May 2000 15:21:42 -0400
Since there's a bit of confusion here...

Mark Maradash = Texan, white ESP Firebird, '99 ESP National Champion.  Car
and driver very well prepped, not familiar enough with the car to know just
how many bullet points in the rules he's failed to fully exploit.  Don't
know Mark well enough to pick him out of a lineup without last year's
Nationals Results issue of SportsCar handy, but I understand he's a nice
guy and obviously one hell of a quick driver.

Marcus Merideth = Detroit Region RE, transplanted Missourian, black ESP
Mustang that's easily just about the most thoroughly-prepared ESP car I've
ever seen.  It's all scrupulously legal, but there hasn't been a bullet
point in Section 14 that's gone unexplored.  Know Marcus quite well, count
him among my best friends, always a trophy contender and a real threat for
a jacket in Topeka if he can feed the car enough cones prior to making his
runs (so it doesn't ingest them on course).

Then there's me, Jim Crider, owner of the black 1999 Cobra that Marcus
drove on Saturday this past weekend in Petersburg.  It's easier to count
the bullet points in Section 14 that I've just started to address (wider
wheels & tires, camber/caster plates, shocks) than it is to count the ones
I haven't gotten to yet, but Marcus was still able to get it to 3rd place
on Saturday afternoon.  We switched to Marcus's car on Sunday, which may
have been a mistake, at least for me, but that's another story.

And for what it's worth, Marcus is running 275/45R16 Hoosiers on his
Mustang this year.  His co-driver, Eileen Lindberg (who won the jacket in
ESPL last year in that car) runs 335/17 Kuhmos.

Jim "Looking for grants and/or sponsorship to enable me to fully exploit
Section 14 of the SCCA Solo2 rules with my IRS Cobra that no one makes
parts for yet" Crider
jac73@dcx.com

DaimlerChrysler <salute!> doesn't know what I wrote and doesn't have an
opinion on M3s in ESP.