Lotus (was Chicago Box )

To: Curt and Kim Bennett - Houston Region <ktetzloff@worldnet.att.net>
Subject: Lotus (was Chicago Box )
From: Jay Mitchell <jemitchell@compuserve.com>
Date: Sat, 27 May 2000 06:22:03 -0700
Curt and Kim Bennett - Houston Region wrote:

> Yeah right, don't be intimidated by a 1500 pound car with 190 >horsepower.

More importantly, don't perpetuate urban myths. If you're talking about
ASP Elans the weight is about right - Charlie Cave told me his Elan
weighed 1550 lbs. - but some the most powerful Lotus twin cam engines
ever built by the master gurus of the trade don't make 190 hp, and
that's with special camshafts, pistons, porting, etc., none of which is
legal in SP. The best you could legally do with a Twink in SP is gonna
be somewhat south of 150 hp. Anyone claims more, I'm filing.

Jay "1330 lbs. and 82 hp" Mitchell