Re: This weekend, I was the Bug.

To: "washburn" <washburn@dwave.net>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: This weekend, I was the Bug.
From: "Phil Ethier" <pethier@isd.net>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2000 23:34:08 -0500
-----Original Message-----
From: washburn <washburn@dwave.net>
To: autox@autox.team.net <autox@autox.team.net>
Date: Monday, May 15, 2000 9:56 PM
Subject: This weekend, I was the Bug.

>Hopefully, I can interupt the Kart debate with my little tale.  Ever
>have one of those weekends where you feel like quitting the sport?  I
>had a touch of that in Milwaukee this past weekend.  I loaded the
>freshly shod Neon in the bus rig and headed down to the Milwaukee region
>Novice Instruction day, the event having been previously delayed by a
>freak snow storm earlier in April.  (A freak snowstorm in Wisconsin in
>early April...yeah right)  I had hoped that helping out with some
>instructing once again would be like paying a sacrifice to the Autocross
>gods so that thier devine light would would shine favorably on me this
>year.

Milwaukee's earlier loss was our gain.  We were glad to have you at the MAC
school in Minnesota which paradoxically had beautiful sunny weather.  I'm
not used to being sunburned at April events up here in the big woods.  The
snow storm had passed to our south, smothering Iowa and much of Wisconsin
and sparing us entirely.

>Things were going well until while on a short instructional run, I heard
>the destinct and decidedly sickening sound of metal rapping against
>metal somewhere up there under the hood.  Hmmmm, "not good" was my
>initial thought

And to think that just five minutes ago I sent Paul Brown a message that it
was alive and well!  At least he is two owners back now that it is breaking.

Seriously,  I'm sorry for your trouble.  I'd better get busy on the Lotus
for those rides I owe you.

1970 Lotus Europa, 1992 Saturn SL2, 1986 Chev Suburban
LOON, MAC
pethier@isd.net     http://www.visi.com/mac/