horizontal cut in Kuhmos?

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: horizontal cut in Kuhmos?
From: MattGent@aol.com
Date: Mon, 15 May 2000 01:46:11 EDT
After two seasons using RA-1s and R1s I just ran my first event on kuhmos.
On the front (Integra GSR, 225/50s) most of the visible tread is gone, while
the backs look almost like new.  It went through 8 autocross runs and about
25 laps of a speed trial, most on smooth pavement, but some on rough
concrete. The circumferential grooves in front are still pretty deep.

The problem is that I have what looks like a 6 inch long slice right across
the two front tires.  I work with plastics, and it looks like a "nit line"
where the two fronts of material meet during the molding process.  I remember
a conversation about this many moons ago, but not what the conclusion was.
The slice is not very wide or deep, but it bothers me that my new tires
already have problems.

Matt