Re: Best PC Driving Game/Wheel

To: <Jeff@Winchell.Com>
Subject: Re: Best PC Driving Game/Wheel
From: "Chuck@ChuckBrazeau.com" <chuck@chuckbrazeau.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 1999 08:53:36 -0600
Sports Car GT from Electronic Arts is a very good PC racing game.

You get to chose from tracks like: Road Atlanta, Sebring, Las Vegas Motor
Speedway, etc. -- and you get to choose from cars like: the PTG BMW M3s (my
fav), Saleen/Allen GTR, Panoz Esperante, Panoz GTR-1, McClaren F1, Porsche
GT-3s, Callaway Corvette, etc., plus... you get replays from the races at
many different views and "camera angles".

I'm so addicted to this game that my wife had to put me on rations, so that
i would spend time with her!!!  :-)

I'm also using the Thrustmaster NASCAR wheel/pedals, but my feet are kinda
big (12) so i turned the gas pedal upside down on it's lever so that it fits
perfectly under the ball of my foot.  I also removed the rubber pads on the
bottom of the pedal base and put small screws coming out from the inside in
their place (took it apart to do this) to better anchor the unit to the
carpet because it was slowly sliding away from me during a race.  Also... I
play the game without shoes.  The pedals don't have enough return spring
tension to give the true feeling of being in a car, but I get a much better
feel for the pedals when I just wear socks .  I also wear my helmet while
playing (yes, i'm a dork)! :-)  I'm sure that a force feedback wheel would
be much more realistic.

Hope this helps,
CB
www.chuckbrazeau.com
(sorry if this is a delayed reply... i'm on digest mode)