Re: $1500 challenge

To: <autox@autox.team.net>, <mshields@inconnect.com>
Subject: Re: $1500 challenge
From: "Jan Schmidt" <jschmidt@kumc.edu>
Date: Sun, 05 Dec 1999 10:32:26 -0600
What a bunch of B.S.!!!!!!!!!!! A $1500 claim rule, is a $1500 claim rule. In
any real form of racing, a competitor could purchase the complete car for the
claim amount $1500. The loss of time and money for labor is just too bad! If
the $1500 is unreasonable, the GRM should raise it to a reasonable limit such
as $2500 or $3000.
I could find an old Rx7 Gslse for $2000 and throw $$1000 in used wheels, race
tires and a couple of suspension parts and have a genuine $3000 race car, that
wouldnt kill me if someone made a claim on it. Lets do a reality check here
folks, stay within the spirit of the rules.
Bill Schmidt cs rx7 kc reg

On 12/05/1999 at 04:51 AM, Jeff Lloyd <jslz3@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I agree that the winning team as a requirement of winning must be
willing to
> sell said vehicle to the magizine for the reported $1500
>
> then you would not see a 600 man hour spridget...
> with questionable expenses...
>
>From the $1500 Challenge rules:

+ All cars subject to a $1500 claim rule, plus a reasonable builder's
fee. Cars may be claimed by any other participant. The GRM staff will
oversee all transactions to make sure they are fair to both parties.
Basically, we just want to keep everyone honest.