Re: Mazda help!!!

To: Patty Lee <aggressive@lanyap.com>, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Mazda help!!!
From: "Mark Rieb" <markrieb@3-cities.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 1999 15:52:00 GMT
Generally there are only two things that will cause very high exhaust
temperatures,
running very lean or very rich.

I would check out the complete fuel system.  Fuel pump (is it getting the
correct
voltage), fuel pump filter sock, fuel filter, fuel injectors.  I would also
look for vacuum leaks.  If I remember correctly, the RX-7's have a myriad of
vacuum hoses.  Also check the mass air flow meter and make sure it is connected
correctly.

If you just installed the exhaust, check and make sure you didn't damage or
loosen any of the electrical connections especially any grounds that may have
been attached to the stock exhaust piping.

Unfortunately you probably need access to a service manual to be able to trouble
shoot some of these sensors.

Hope that helps,

Mark Rieb