RE: MR2 power window ) :

To: "Eric W. Clements" <ewc4@juno.com>
Subject: RE: MR2 power window ) :
From: "Bill Fuhrmann" <bfuhrman@isd.net>
Date: Mon, 24 May 1999 07:36:06 -0500
>Of course, those factory shop manuals do come in handy for things other
>than refuting protests, but I thought I'd check and see if anyone has had
>this problem before.  It's the passenger side window, and it's not
>responding to either the passenger side or the driver side switch.  Any
>troubleshooting ideas?

I think that you have started to identify the best idea.  Find a manual with
a schematic.  If you don't want to shell out the cash for a factory manual
(The factory manual is your best maintenance bargain in my opinion.) find
something cheap like a Haynes or Chilton that has a schematic.  You may be
able to find one in your local library.

Find a couple easy points where you can get at connectors for the window
circuit and check for power.  If you can get to a connector just before the
door hinge, you can try to operate the window from it (with jumpers to 12
volts and ground) to determine if you can fix it without tearing the door
apart.