RE: Pro Solo Pre Stage lights

To: "Chan, Albert (GEP)" <Albert.Chan@gepex.ge.com>
Subject: RE: Pro Solo Pre Stage lights
From: Andrew_Bettencourt@kingston.com
Date: Wed, 19 May 1999 10:27:38 -0700

Those facts are well known.  Most of the autoxers go on "Grudge Nights"
when they are just running for personal ET's.  Real racers don't care as
much about ET's as they do about being the first ones to trip the lights.

The whole point I'm trying to make to the experienced drag racers is that
it really isn't a similar experience (having done both).  As mentioned
earlier, what detracts from Pro Solo is that I could have a faster run that
Erik Strelnieks but he could get back before me because he cut a better
light.  This is the same as in drag racing but you never know the actual
capabilities of the car because the time started while you were snoozing on
the tree.

Getting back to the original thread, the PS light is necessary in Drag
Racing, it is only a convenience in Pro Solo.

AB