RT's (was Re: Making Pro more Pro)

Subject: RT's (was Re: Making Pro more Pro)
From: "Mark J. Andy" <marka@telerama.com>
Date: Wed, 19 May 1999 09:41:31 -0400 (EDT)
Howdy,

On Wed, 19 May 1999 dg50@daimlerchrysler.com wrote:
> Now a /reaction timer/ I would agree with a few thousand percent....

You betcha.  Or even just keep giving us the 60 foot times that we get
with practice starts.

Of course, I don't have any solution to doing that other than having
another set of timing lights at the finish and another set of time display
boxes and probably different timing software, but it would sure help me as
a driver and also provide some excitement.  I.e.

"Andy got him by 2 tenths on the 60 foot times with that awesome launch,
but it looks like Tim's made it up going into the first turn..."  etc.

Mark