Re: Gravity Bleeding and Speedbleeders

To: autox <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Gravity Bleeding and Speedbleeders
From: "Burns, James B." <BurnsJB1@central.SSD.JHUAPL.edu>
Date: Thu, 13 May 1999 09:51:18 -0400
I too can highly recommend the Speedbleeders.  I used to use a pressure
bleeder (EZ Bleed) which worked okay, but it was always a hassle hooking up
the air source (air tank or spare tire) and it was difficult to get a good
seal on the master cylinder reservoir so that I usually ended up with brake
fluid squirting out all over the place.  I don't have a crew so I needed to
be able to do one-person brake bleeding.

Then I found out about the Speedbleeders.  They look like a regular bleeder
screw, but they have a ball-spring check valve built in so that fluid and
air can only go out, not in.  Since I do road racing and bleed my brakes
after every session or two, the Speedbleeders have saved me a ton of
hassles.  The design is so simple and logical, it makes me wonder why the
auto manufacturers don't put a little ball-spring check valve in all their
bleed screws.

They only cost around $5 - $7 each.  You can get them from Bruce Wentzel of
Greendot Racing and help support a fellow Team.Net person, or you can order
them directly from Speedbleeder (at speedbleeder.com).  I think Bruce's
prices are actually a bit cheaper.

Now it's time for the arguments whether this is a comfort and convenience
item or a performance item.  Don't go there!  "Oh, you have Speedbleeders on
your MR2 Turbo.  Sorry, that puts you in E-mod."

Brad Burns