Quad 4 Ticking noise after runs

To: "team.net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Quad 4 Ticking noise after runs
From: "Sean & Betty Scott" <seanscott@webzone.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 18:23:49 -0500
I used to run a 90 Olds Calais 442.  During the hotter months I would
experience the same problem.  I switched to a 20W-50 oil and this helped
quite a bit.  The Quad 4 has a splash pan in the oil resevoir, but this does
not help much.  The ticking noise could be from the the oil thining out and
evacuating the lifters.  I recently had the head replaced on that car and
did not notice any problems with the lifters that were taken off.  The car
had 150000 miles on the engine at that time.

Good Luck

Sean Scott
91 MR2 85cs/p5