Re: SCCA wisdom (was Required Stickers)

To: "The Christianson's" <chrstson@netins.net>, <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: SCCA wisdom (was Required Stickers)
From: "Jamie Sculerati" <jamies@mrj.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 1999 20:11:26 -0400
-----Original Message-----
From: The Christianson's <chrstson@netins.net>

>And because of our insurance we have to discourage people
>from dropping by and watching, and possibly getting interested.  I guess
>the point is why such a fuss over decals that only club members will ever
>see.  Is it so that course workers know that a the current car is not a
>renagade from another club that we should chase off.

Not exactly.  We cannot advertise specifically for spectators, because (I
assume for insurance reasons) that would require additional safety and crowd
control measures precautions we're generally not prepared to make to
temporary sites.  Road racing events have the same problem -- they're just
more prepared to deal with them.  I have seen road racing events advertised
as "non-spectator," though.

There is *nothing* that prevents us from advertising the event and
encouraging people to come by and learn more about the club (any club) and
the sport -- so long as we're pitching to potential *participants.*  Who
sign the waiver and so on.  But they're free to hang out and watch as long
as they want.

Jamie
'92 Prelude Si
Speed Demon Racing