Re: FW: The tire thing^n and personal responsibility

To: "Chan, Albert (GEP)" <Albert.Chan@gepex.ge.com>
Subject: Re: FW: The tire thing^n and personal responsibility
From: Josh Sirota <jss@marimba.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 1999 22:55:55 -0700
Everyone,

I just dug out my '89 rulebook.  Can't find '88 (if I ever had one --
that was my first year).

Section 11.3.B is marked with a change bar, so this may be the first
time it
appeared:
        No tire model will be approved for competition during the rest of
        the year after April 30 of each calendar year.  ...  A tire model
        will normally be determined by the designation in the Tire Guide.
        However, any of the following changes or similar changes (as
        determined by the Solo Events Board) will also be considered to
        represent a new tire model for eligibility purposes, even if the
        designation does not change: Change of tread pattern at either full
        or partial tread depth; characterization by the manufacturer or
        distributor of a tire as "new" after April 30.

So there you go.  That rule was in effect in 1989.  My 1991 book appears
to have the same wording (though it's in chapter 13 then).  Can't find
1990.

Josh