Re: 93 DSM's

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 93 DSM's
From: GSMnow@aol.com
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 09:22:43 EDT
In a message dated 4/21/99 2:27:46 AM Central Daylight Time,JLAN041@aol.com
writes:

<< Date: Tue, 20 Apr 1999 17:44:34 EDT
 From: JLAN041@aol.com
 Subject: 93 DSM's

 I found a deal on a 93 Talon TSI and was wondering if this would be a viable
 substitution for a 95+ DSM AWD for GS. Besides the HP differance, what are
 the pro's and con's?

 John
 (looking for new ride) >>
I own and have raced a 90 Talon tsi awd. The biggest cons are high ride
height, 6 inch wide rims, soft springs, big turbo(spools slow), and very
little you can do about alignment.

For pros, it is a great street car and the big turbo can push 300 hp, where
the new one quits at 225. In street prepared the older one may be the winner,
but for stock I think it will be off the pace. Mine is for sale, I will make
you a good deal, it only has 46,000 miles on it.

Gary M.