Re: quantitative analysis

To: David K Yeung <dkyeung@juno.com>, autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: quantitative analysis
From: Whitney <whitneys@mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 10:43:08 -0500
On the true Mcpherson strut/chapman strut cars, it does help (especially in
older flexi chassis)  as you are reinforcing the spring loading point + the
upper suspension mounting point.  Ad in a heim joint for adjustment, then
almost all the gain is lost, as the flex will just cause the bar to pivot.
The best kind are the ones bolted as solidly to the car as possible.

That said, in my old DSP car, the biggest gain was in steering response -
more of in issue if you run hoosiers than the stiff BFG or Kumho radials.

Stan Whitney